Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy Anniversary


This year my parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary.  
Congratulations Mom and Dad, love you guys. 
My three brothers and I decided for a gift to get the family together for family pictures.  Last time we were all in a decent picture together was in 2003 and that was also three grandchildren and one daughter-in-law ago we were a little over due for an update.  The location was a pretty and obvious choice for my family.  Stillman McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park has always been a favorite place of my family.  I was sitting with Mom and we were trying to figure out how many times we have been to that park since we moved to Arizona in 1983, we figured 100's if not more.  We attended their Sunday Summer Concerts regularly, many birthday parties and Rail Fairs.  My little brother even went to preschool there.  
I was elected to be the photographer, which I was very excited to do this.  I was also a bit nervous on how to get everyone to look at the camera and smile at the same time with me not being behind the camera watching people.  I had to set my timer and jump in for the group shots myself.  If you have met my family, than you will understand the challenges of us goof-balls.  



I also took some shots of my parents together.





As well as family pictures of my brother, sister-in-law, and niece. 




  My oldest brother and his wife drove down from Williams for the occasion and really wanted me to shoot some pictures of my 9 month old nephew as well.  






It was a very hot and humid day, but overall the pictures turned out great and 
most importantly we had a fun time as a family. 

1 comment: