Monday, September 20, 2010

The Harpers

I was contacted to do a family photo shoot for the Harper's.  The two older boys also needed senior portraits.  I was very excited about this session, especially with the location that they chose.  Definitely different then my normal and made for some excellent photographs.  I also believe these urban shots suit this family perfectly, all part of choosing a location that makes the client feel comfortable. It being monsoon season and possible storms any day...  I was glued to the Weather Channel App on my phone the whole week before.  First it said 20% chance of rain on shoot day, then 30%, to 40% (this is when I began to worry), then two days before the shoot it went back down to 20%, so feeling better.  On the day of the shoot, the forecast said rain after midnight.  YEAH!!!  There was overcast and some amazing clouds.  About 30 min into the session,  felt a few sprinkles, ok a few drops, right, no big deal.  Ten min later we were standing on the corner huddled under an awning and my camera under my shirt in a huge down pour.  That same sudden downpour was the cause of this wreck .  It did not look like it was going to let up at all!  We were making plans to edit what I took thus far, and if need be we will meet again to finish the session.  Then the rain slowed, and stopped for some astounding skies and rainbow!  It couldn't have turned out better!  I do believe that will be one of my most memorable photo shoots.  I think everyone had a great time and the shots turned out amazing!  One thing I regret is not taking a picture of the sheets of rain coming down.
Thank you Harpers for choosing Sunray Photography, and for a great afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm more than thrilled with the photos, Julie!! I'm trying to decide which one to use for my Christmas cards! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very welcome, glad you happy with the photos. I had a blast with you guys, including the rain! Any of the pictures would be great for cards.

    ReplyDelete